By joining Hamwic Speakers you will have the opportunity to learn how to:
- Prepare, structure and refine speeches
- Practice with tone, stage movement and props
- Deliver presentations with insight and value
- Hone your active listening skills
- Preserve and improve your memory skills
- Think on your feet; adapt to change
- Develop leadership and persuasion skills
- Enjoy speaking in public
- Develop confidence; improve self-esteem
- Develop a sense of camaraderie with fellow toastmasters
We do this by providing a ‘learning by doing’ environment (we actively encourage getting stuck in and giving it a go), guided by experienced fellow members and using learning materials provided by Toastmasters International. We are keen to help new members find mentors to guide them in their pathways and objectives. Equally we are keen to help develop current members into good mentors. At some point in your journey you’ll likely be both and its a real buzz to give back alongside receiving.
Find out what happens at Hamwic meetings by looking at the meeting information page. Details of the costs are given on the Cost page. When you join Hamwic Speakers, you just don’t just join our Club, you also join Toastmasters International and have the opportunity to visit any of our sister clubs nearby or worldwide. Travelling to other clubs is superb way to expand your horizons and the types of evaluation you’ll receive and deliver. Each club has slightly different methods of delivery and so these ‘variations on a theme’ enrich and round your pathways journey towards communication mastery.
Interested in joining? Pay us a visit or Download a membership form